Connecting for Peace
URI is an ever-growing network of more than 800 Cooperation Circles (CCs) in nearly 100 countries worldwide. New members join every month. Keep reading to find out how you can!
How to Join Our Network
There are three ways to become a part of URI North America’s internationally-recognized interfaith network. You can join an existing URI Cooperation Circle or Affiliate. Browse our map and directory to find a member near you. Your local interfaith organization can also become a Cooperation Circle (CC) or join our Affiliates Program. Use this two-page guide or video to learn more about the process of starting a Cooperation Circle from scratch. Or, if you belong to an existing interfaith organization that is interested in joining a global network, use this guide or video to learn about the benefits of joining URI as a Cooperation Circle.
» Form a URI North America Cooperation Circle:
1. Complete the online Cooperation Circle Application. (Follow these links to obtain the application in Word or PDF format.)
2. A phone call will then be scheduled in which either a Global Trustees or the Regional Coordinator will conduct an Appreciative Inquiry with you to gain a more thorough understanding of the vision and plans of your proposed CC.
3. A report on that interview, the recommendation of the interviewer and the original application are then forwarded to the chairperson of the Global Council’s CC Approval Committee.
4. Once a month that committee meets to review new CC applications. They then notify the Regional Coordinator of their decision, who in turn notifies the applicant.
5. Attend a Cooperation Circle orientation with other new members.
» Become an Individual or Organizational Affiliate:
*Please note: We are currently reviewing this program and are not accepting new Affiliate membership applications at this time. If you are interested in joining URI, please apply to becoming a Cooperation Circle.*