Join Our Network
Connecting for Peace
URI is an ever-growing network of more than 800 Cooperation Circles (CCs) in nearly 100 countries worldwide. New members join every month. Keep reading to find out how you can!
How to Join Our Network
There are three ways to become a part of URI North America’s internationally-recognized interfaith network. You can join an existing URI Cooperation Circle or Affiliate. Browse our map and directory to find a member near you. Your local interfaith organization can also become a Cooperation Circle (CC) or join our Affiliates Program. Use this two-page guide or video to learn more about the process of starting a Cooperation Circle from scratch. Or, if you belong to an existing interfaith organization that is interested in joining a global network, use this guide or video to learn about the benefits of joining URI as a Cooperation Circle.
» Form a URI North America Cooperation Circle:
1. Complete the online Cooperation Circle Application. (Follow these links to obtain the application in Word or PDF format.)
2. A phone call will then be scheduled in which either a Global Trustees or the Regional Coordinator will conduct an Appreciative Inquiry with you to gain a more thorough understanding of the vision and plans of your proposed CC.
3. A report on that interview, the recommendation of the interviewer and the original application are then forwarded to the chairperson of the Global Council’s CC Approval Committee.
4. Once a month that committee meets to review new CC applications. They then notify the Regional Coordinator of their decision, who in turn notifies the applicant.
5. A member of the North American Leadership Council is assigned to work with the new CC, providing any needed assistance and resources to assure the strength of the new CC as an organization, especially during its crucial first six months.
» Become an Individual or Organizational Affiliate:
1. Complete the online Affiliate Application.
2. The application is forwarded to a member of the Leadership Council committee for review. They also look through the applicant’s website (if there is one), and provide the Regional Coordinator with their recommendation concerning acceptance of the application.
3. The Regional Coordinator then notifies the applicant of the decision and sends them a letter of welcome.
4. The new affiliate is added to our roster of registered affiliates on our website, which will include a link to the affiliate’s website.
5. A small graphic of the URI in North America logo is provided to the new Affiliate to create a hyperlink back to the URI North America website at urinorthamerica.org.